Make an appointment
To personally apply for your driving licence, you have to visit the municipality. Please make an appointment. We can't help you without an appointment. Bring the following with you when you visit us:
- your valid passport or identity card
- 1 passport photo in colour meeting the guidelines
- your old driving licence, if you want to renew or replace it
- bank card, to pay upon application
Lost or stolen
If your driving licence is lost or stolen or you suspect foul play then you don't need to have to file a report with the police. You can come directly to the council to apply for a new one.
A Statement of Health
You can apply online with the CBR. Payment is upon application.
- The Central Bureau of Driving Licences (CBR) has provided you with a certificate of health.
- in the past year you have lived in the Netherlands for at least 185 days.
- apply for your driving licence within three years of your driving test. Otherwise you will have to retake your test.
Exchange a foreign driving licence
Then there are additional conditions. Find out more about the additional conditions for exchanging foreign driving licences on www.rdw.nl
Learner driving licence
When you are 17 years of age, you can apply for a learner driving licence. You can then drive a car with an adult next to you. You can apply for a supervisor's pass with the Dutch Road Transportation Agency (RDW). More information on www.2todrive.nl (in Dutch only).
You can pick up your driving licence at the council after 5 working days during the opening hours. You have 3 months to pick up your driving licence.
In some case you maybe need your licence sooner. If you apply for your driving licence before 2:00 pm, it will be ready after 2 working days at the latest. You have to pay a surcharge. An urgency procedure is not possible if your licence is missing or stolen.
- € 39,75 driving licence
- € 34,10 urgently apply extra
- € 25,80 extra if your licence is lost or stolen