Submitting an appeal does not relieve you of the obligation imposed upon you. This means that you must transfer the stated amount to us before the specified due date. If your appeal is found to be valid, the paid amount will be paid back to you.
Is there a point to lodging an appeal?
You are always entitled to lodge an appeal. Whether the appeal is declared valid or invalid depends on many factors. Below are a number of examples.
Appeals have little chance of succeeding if:
- your bank card was not accepted
- you arrived back at your car too late and the parking time had lapsed
- the car park ticket machine was broken
- you were breaking / exchanging money because you didn't have change for the ticket machine
- you were unaware that this was a paid parking area
- you feel that the amount to be paid is too high
Appeals may succeed if:
- you paid and believe you received a fine unfairly
- a situation beyond your control or an emergency situation occurred
- your car was stolen
- you received a parking fine even though your vehicle was not parked at the location specified on the parking fine
Lodging an appeal without DigiD
If you want tot lodge an appeal without DigiD, then use the online form to lodge an appeal (only in Dutch).
It’s also possible to lodge an appeal by letter. The letter has to be signed and must contain at least:
- your name and address
- the date on which the appeal was written
- the reference number of the decision your appeal is lodged against and
- the reason(s) for lodging the appeal
We request that you also state your telephone number and (if possible) your e-mail address. The appeal must be addressed to “de heffingsambtenaar van de gemeente Maastricht”, Postbus 1992, 6201 BZ Maastricht.
The cost of a parking fine is the sum of € 64.50 (rate in 2020) and the hourly parking rate that is applicable at the location specified on the parking fine.
We wil process your appeal as quickly as possible. In accordance with municipal legislation, we must have concluded your lodged appeal before the end of the calendar year. We make our best efforts to provide a motivated response to your appeal as quickly as possible.
Submitting an appeal does not relieve you of the obligation imposed upon you. This means that you must transfer the stated amount to us before the specified due date. If your objection is found to be valid, the paid amount will be paid back to you.