Self-delivery or collection
Bulky waste can be taken to the recycling centre. You can also have it collected by the municipal collection service in return for payment. You can request the collection of bulky waste online (using DigiD).
If you are delivering your bulky waste to the recycling centre, see the rates and conditions for each product.
For the collection and processing of your bulky waste, you pay collection and processing charges. A special rate applies to refrigerators and freezers. Read more about it under the drop-downmenu: 'conditions'.
Bulky waste is miscellaneous waste that does not fit in a bin bag. Examples include damaged furniture, carpeting or large pieces of (non-white) polystyrene. Large waste that is not bulky waste can often be put in another container at the recycling centre.
Bulky waste includes
Bulky waste does not include
Damaged furniture Building materials and clean rubble Large pieces of (non-white) polystyrene Tree stumps and (bundles) of branches Damaged matresses Car tyres Miscellaneous waste that does not fit in a bin bag Trimmings Chemical waste
In the Environmental App you will find a handy, comprehensive waste separation guide. This yes/no list shows where each type of waste belongs.
Where can I take things that are still in good condition?
You can take items that are still usable (such as furniture and electrical appliances) to a thriftshop. The thriftshop resells these items. This means you make other people happy with the things you no longer use. You can also have these items collected free of charge by Kringloop Zuid.
Where can I take construction and demolition waste?
Construction and demolition waste should be taken to the recycling centre or you should have a container deliverd by a private business.
The following conditions apply to the collection of bulky waste:
- In Maastricht we collect bulky waste every Wednesday. You can easily make an appointment via DigiD. The appointment will be within two weeks of your request.
- Ensure that you are present when we come to collect the bulky waste.
- Payment can be made only by PIN when we collect the bulky waste.
- Place your bulky waste outside on the collection day, if possible on your own plot. Ensure that your waste is not deposited on the street.
- You may present a maximum of 2m3 of bulky waste, which means that our employees can grip it properly.
- Bulky household waste must not originate from businesses.
How do I present bulky waste?
- Place your bulky waste outside on the collection day, if possible on you own plot. Ensure that your waste is not deposited on the street.
- Present your bulky waste approximately 30 minutes before the agreed collection time. This gives others little opportunity to add their own waste.
- Put loose pieces and parts together as much as possible. Dismantle furniture such as a bed or a cupboard. This saves volume and allows you to present more bulky waste.
- Present your bulky waste in (smaller) packages. Put loose items in a box or bag, which means that our employees can grip it properly.
- Avoid getting your bulky waste wet in the case of bad weather. Put a plastic sheet over it, for example. If your bulky waste gets soggy, it will be heavier and disposal will cost you more money.
You pay charges for the collection of your bulky waste. The (standard) rate is € 26.91 per hour. We come with two employees, who are charged for half an hour each. If it takes the employees longer than half an hour to collect the bulky waste, you pay a double rate.
In addition tot the collection charges, you pay processing charges:
- € 21 (starting rate up to 100 kg of waste)
- € 1.05 (additional charges per 5 kg of waste)
You therefore pay € 21 for the first 100 kilos of waste that you present. If you present more than 100 kilos, € 1.05 per 5 kg of waste will be added. You pay this amount by PIN to our employees when they collect your bulky waste.
Refrigerators and freezers
You pay a fixed amount of € 36.43 for the collection of one or more refrigerators and/or freezers from your own household. You pay this amount by PIN to our employees when they collect your fridge and/or freezer.
If you are having bulky waste collected, ensure that you are at home when our employees arrive, otherwise we cannot take your bulky waste with us. This is because you can only pay by PIN using your debit card when we collect the bulky waste.