Disposing of bulky waste
You can bring bulky waste to the recycling centre. You can also have it collected by the municipal collection service for a fee. You can book a collection online (using DigiD).
- Recycling centre
Check the rates and conditions per item if you want to bring your bulky waste to a recycling centre.
We will charge you for collecting and processing your bulky waste. A special rate applies to refrigerators and freezers. You will find more information about this in the drop-down menu 'Cost'.
The following conditions apply to bulky waste collection:
- We collect bulky waste in Maastricht every Wednesday. You can book a collection online using your DigiD. The appointment will be within two weeks of your request.
- Make sure you are at home at the scheduled collection time.
- You can only pay by PIN when we collect bulky waste from your home.
- Put your bulky waste outside on the scheduled day of collection, if possible on your own plot. You can place your items on the pavement in front of your house, but not on the road.
- You may present a maximum of 2m3 of bulky waste.
- Only bulky household waste is allowed. We do not accept bulky business waste.
How to prepare bulky waste for collection
- Put your bulky waste outside on the scheduled day of collection, if possible on you own plot. You can place your items on the pavement in front of your house, but not on the road.
- Put your bulky waste outside approximately 30 minutes before the agreed collection time. This gives others little opportunity to add their own waste.
- Put loose pieces and parts together as much as possible. Dismantle furniture such as a bed or a cupboard. This saves volume and allows you to present more bulky waste.
- Present your bulky waste in (smaller) packages. Put loose items in a box or bag so our staff can hold and move them easily.
- Prevent your bulky waste from getting wet (in bad weather). You can, for example, cover the waste with a plastic sheet. If your bulky waste gets soaked, it will weigh more and cost you more to dispose of.
Bulky waste is residual waste that does not fit in a bin bag. Examples include damaged furniture, carpets or large pieces of (non-white) polystyrene or styrofoam. Large waste items that we don't classify as bulky waste can often be put in another container at the recycling centre.
Bulky waste: yes please
Bulky waste: no thanks
Damaged furniture Building materials and clean rubble Large pieces of (non-white) polystyrene or styrofoam Tree stumps and (bundles) of branches Damaged matresses Car tyres Miscellaneous waste that does not fit in a bin bag Garden clippings Chemical waste
In the Milieu App you will find a convenient waste sorting guide. A yes/no list shows what to do with each type of waste.
Where can I take things that are still usable?
You can take items that are still usable (such as furniture and electrical appliances) to a thrift shop. The thrift shop can resell your items, meaning you can give items you no longer use a second life. You can also have your items collected free of charge by Kringloop Zuid.
Where can I take construction and demolition waste?
Please take construction and demolition waste to a recycling centre or or hire a private waste management company.
We charge collection costs for collecting your bulky waste. The (standard) rate is € 26.91 per hour. We come with two employees, who are charged for half an hour each. If it takes the employees longer than half an hour to collect the bulky waste, you pay a double rate.
In addition tot the collection costs, we charge processing costs:
- € 21.00 (starting rate for up to 100 kg of waste)
- € 1.05 (additional charges per 5 kg of additional waste)
This means we will charge you € 21.00 for the first 100 kg of waste. If you want us to collect more than 100 kg, we will add € 1.05 per 5 kg of additional waste. You can only pay at our staff by PIN when they collect your bulky waste.
Refrigerators and freezers
We charge a fixed fee of €36.43 for collecting one or more household refrigerators and/or freezers. You can only pay at our staff by PIN when they collect your fridge(s) and/or freezer(s).