Apply for a parking permit for foreign students
When applying, you need to include in your application:
- a copy of your personal registration at your domicile abroad plus a statement of which persons are registered at this address
- the registration certificate as student for the coming school year
- a copy of the vehicle registration certificate that is in the name of someone who lives at the address for which the parking permit is applied
If your request is approved, you will be notified by letter and you will have to come to the Municipal offices to pay for the permit. After that, your parking permit will be activated. Notification of receipt of your application is not a notification that the application has been approved: you must wait for the official approval. Until you receive this you must pay the applicable parking rate.
If you have (temporarily) another car you need to report the new car registration nummer online. It takes at least 2 working days before your permit becomes valid. You'll receive an email when the permit has been converted.
If you have any further questions or need more information, please send an e-mail to parkeren [at] maastricht.nl.
- you live abroad and you are a student at Maastricht University or Hogeschool Zuyd
- the license is personal and not transferable to anyone else
- you must enter a (1) registration number that is registered abroad on your address. The license is valid for 1 of the 3 parking zones that apply.
- the license is valid from 1 September to 1 August and must be renewed annually.
- the permit is valid during the payment times in the parking zone.
- you may not park your car in these zones between 18:00 and 08:00 and from Thursday to Friday between 21.00 and 8.00 hrs
- you can cancel the license in the interim. Only full calendar months of the amount you paid will be reimbursed. Fees will never be returned. If you move to the Netherlands you must cancel your permit
- parking permit for foreign students: € 5,50 per month (in 2021)
- the application: € 19,85 (You will always pay these costs. Even if your application is not approved)