Change of address

You have to inform the council in the community where you are going to live. You also have to notify the council if you are moving within the same council area. Both are free and can be done directly online.

Moving to or within Maastricht

Please inform us if you relocate within Maastricht or move to Maastricht. Is Maastricht the first Dutch city you are registering? Then please visit First registration in the Netherlands.    


Are you a student at Maastricht University (UM) or Zuyd University of Applied Sciences and are you coming from abroad to live in Maastricht? Then register with the municipality so that you will also receive a Burgerservicenummer (BSN).

What happens after I have made my notification?

Your change of address will be processed in the system at the effective date. If you are coming from another municipality in Maastricht, you will be automatically unsubscribed in the other municipality. 

We pass on your change of address to several authorities, such as:

  • Tax Office
  • Health insurer
  • Social Insurance Bank
  • Pension fund

At you'll read more about who has or does not have access to your data. 

Please note: you will receive a written confirmation of your move to your new address within 4 weeks of the stated moving date. 

You can also make notification of your change of address in other ways:

Alternative methods

By post or email
To inform us by post or email use this declaration form and send it to us by post or post [at] (email)

Visit us
You can also visit the municipal servicedesk. Please call 14 043 to make an appointment. 


  • Providing notification of a move can be done by:

    • yourself, when you are at least 16 years old
    • a parent, guardian or carer for minor children
    • co-habiting spouses / registered partners on behalf of each other (only if they are moving together)
    • co-habiting parents and adult children on behalf of each other (only if they are moving together)
    • the trustee for a person who has been put under supervision
    • an adult with your written authorisation
  • Check out the page 'first registration in the Netherlands' when you are moving to the Netherlands from abroad.

  • Check out the page 'moving abroad' when you are moving abroad from Maastricht and make the notification of your change of address online.

  • Do you have a parking permit? If so, you must cancel the permit and possibly apply for a new parking permit. Even if your move within your current parking sector. The application will be reviewed again.

    You can cancel your parking permit up to 7 days prior to moving.

  • Do you have a dog and will you move to another municipality? Then your dog tax might change. You have to notify the Belastingsamenwerking Gemeenten en Waterschappen (BsGW). 

    If you relocate within Maastricht, then your dog tax will not change. You do not have to notify BsGW.